If you think Digital Marketing is no big deal…. Think again! In South Africa, AD spending on the Internet already the second highest platfrom for marketing. It may overtake advertising on television by 2022. Traditional advertising doesn’t have that much power anymore in a world. Multi-channel digital marketing is increasing by as much as 137%, backed by an even awesome 500% increase in brands using multiple digital marketing channels.
What sparked this increase in the use of Digital Marketing? It’s us, all of us.
As much as 75% of consumers are already connecting with brands through their various digital marketing channels and activities according to reports from Mashable. Despite the fact that consumers and business owners alike are switching towards the digital route, many small businesses are still slow to pick on the trend. Our local businesses seem willing to miss out on the benefits of growing online through digital marketing.
Contrary to what many small business owners and entrepreneurs in South Africa think, digital marketing is not as complicated or expensive as it seems. The effort would be well worth it as many businesses have already experienced and enjoyed. If all these will still be not enough to convince you to go digital – then these top 10 benefits surely will.
- Connects You with Consumers Online – Gone are the days when people scan through phone directories to look for information about a product or service. Now, at least 80% of consumers use the Internet to make their search for information a whole lot easier and convenient.
- Digital Marketing Generates Higher Conversion Rates – Through this channel, you’ll be able to reach out to targeted audiences, generate leads and achieve up to 50% increase in conversion rates.
- Saves You Money – Statista’s Digital Marketing Spend Report described how small business owners are already getting such benefits from digital marketing, with as much as 40% reporting considerable savings generating from their efforts.
- Digital Marketing Enables Real-Time Customer Service – This real-time response mechanism offered by digital marketing can give a big impact on the success of your business according to a report from eMarketer.
- Connects You with the Mobile Consumer – Digital marketing can help you tap this gargantuan market, now that mobile marketing generates up to 34% of all organic traffic. According to eMarketer, mobile technology is also influencing the buying behavior of these consumers.
- Digital Marketing Helps Generate Higher Revenues – Consumers need 6 touch points before they are convinced to buy, but if they do they would spend as much as 4X any other types of customers – and that’s really good for business!
- Delivers Higher ROI from Your Campaigns – In a HubSpot report, it was confirmed that digital marketing can help businesses generate better Cost-Per-Lead (CPL) compared to traditional marketing or even telemarketing.
- Digital Marketing Keeps You at Par with Competitors – Many brands and businesses are ramping up on their digital marketing campaigns, using various channels available including display, PPC, mobile and social media.
- Helping You Compete with Large Corporations – Digital marketing not only keeps you at par with your competitors, but it can also enable you to compete head to head with big brands and large corporations for customers and potential customers in South Africa.
10. Digital Marketing Prepares You for the Internet of Things – Gartner reported that by the year 2020, there is a projected 26 billion gadgets – smartphones, tablets, watches, eyeglass, appliances, shoes and more – all interconnected in a global online ecosystem that makes up the “Internet of Things”.
Few forms of advertising are as cost-effective as digital marketing. Small businesses frequently try to get as much as possible done on a small budget. Many forms of digital marketing allow you to communicate your brand and reach a wide target audience even when your budget is very tight.
For any of your digital marketing needs to contact 19 Digital. We have you covered! Click here to apply for 19 Digital’s Digital Marketing services today and grow your business.